Front doors are one of the first elements that engage visitors visiting your house. Hence, it should be decided mindfully while considering factors like the property style and interiors. For period-style properties, famous door picks include Victorian, Edwardian, and Georgian front door.
Most people may not realize this but front doors play a major role in maintaining the architectural charm of the property. Apart from the security and practicality aspects, front doors are an aesthetic upgrade for properties that increases their market value significantly. Therefore, choosing the right door material and style should be a priority if you own a traditional house or property.
What are Georgian Front doors?
Georgian houses built during the 18th century are easily identifiable due to the symmetrical structure and the front doors being centrally placed with windows on either side. Typically, these doors are grand and large in size with brass ornamental designs. A Georgian front door is available in glossy shades of black, green, red, etc.
Georgian front doors are popular doors that preserve traditional architectural charm while offering great practicality and efficiency like modern doors. These are an upgrade to traditional doors that require heavy maintenance and are less energy efficient.
Most period-style homeowners refuse to modernize their property and maintain its authentic charm. For them, colorful doors like black, white, and green front door in the Georgian style is the best pick that keeps the aesthetic beauty intact while ensuring safety, security, and comfortable interiors.
Why buy Georgian Front doors?
Georgian front doors are a popular choice owing to their traditional appeal and high practicality. These doors offer the benefits of a modern door without compromising the period style of the properties. Since period doors are the centerpiece of the house, they are expected to be stately looking while offering reliable security to the people. Some key reasons that make a Georgian front door popular and preferred choice are discussed as follows:
- Wide range of options: Georgian front doors are available in a wide range of color and design options for homeowners to choose from. Although these doors were traditionally painted in bold shades of black and green, they are now available in a multitude of colors, textures, and design options to match any existing style of the property.
- Security: While the design and aesthetics are unparalleled, Georgian front doors are extremely durable and assure high security. These doors are manufactured using the best quality materials that can withstand all types of weather conditions and restrict forced entry. Most modern doors are equipped with multiple locking systems and glazing options that guarantee security in every regard.
- Minimal maintenance: Unlike traditional doors, a modern Georgian front door is highly resistant to harsh weather factors and requires minimal maintenance. Since the front doors are exposed to constant dirt, moisture, heat, and light, they are most likely to wear off and get damaged frequently. However, with modern doors, basic cleaning is sufficient to keep the shine and appeal intact.
- Long-lasting: Frequent front door replacements can be expensive and time-consuming. Hence, it is essential to pick a durable option that can last longer while delivering great practicality and use. Georgian front doors are made of high-quality materials that stand the test of time and last longer than other door alternatives.
- Customization: This is yet another key feature of Georgian front doors that makes them a popular choice among homeowners. Regardless of the style, color, or existing property decor, these doors can be customized as per choice. Modern Georgian front doors can be made to measure and uplift your property’s value in terms of style and design.
How to pick the best Georgian front doors?
As the regal name suggests, Georgian front doors are elegant and grandiose. These doors have been a popular pick over the years that make period-style properties, as well as contemporary houses, appear royal and aesthetic. Despite blue, black, and green front door being a staple in the Georgian doors category, homeowners can experiment with other pastel and warm colors that best suit their property style.
Not just that, but the scale, proportions, and entrance design are other key factors that should be considered while shopping for Georgian-style front doors. Getting door furniture like large-size letterboxes, nameplates, and knockers is a great way to give a contemporary twist to classic-style doors and enhance the overall appeal. Checking for the manufacturing materials and lock systems while purchasing a front door is essential too as they determine the longevity and security of the doors.
No wonder a Georgian front door never went out of style! The stunning appeal and multifaceted practicality of such doors have made them a popular period-style door choice. They ensure great safety while maintaining the aesthetic beauty of the properties. Also, these doors come with double and triple-glazing choices facilitating high energy efficiency that is suitable for all locations.